10:31 AM

Be Honest, Be Yourself

Why do people always tell me to be honest and let the real me "shine through"? Is it possible that I have done so and found it to be unproductive? Let's be honest, there are people out there that are difficult and we find it hard to be around them for whatever reason. Maybe they take your things without asking, talk behind your back and you find out from another friend, or maybe they have an annoying habit of talking non-stop. Whatever it is, I am sure you know someone that rubs you the wrong way, annoys you to death and you wish you could get of whatever situation it is that you are in with them. Someone has to be that person that people find annoying or hard to be around. Maybe if I let the real me "shine through", people would realize that I am that person. Unfortunately, this is not a theoretical situation. This is me. So, I have come to the conclusion that it makes more sense to remain behind my mask. If you know of any good reason to take the mask off, let me know.

1 comments:

Matt said...

An un-edited response, while short on time.
Because there is freedom! A person finds freedom being him/herself. There's freedom when a person decides to grow and allow the quirks of their life to be seen, evaluated by people that love them. Anytime we are vulnerable we risk! We risk friendships. We risk hurt. We risk humiliation. But in my estimation risk is better than admitting defeat. Risk says, I'll trust you God, to work in me through other people. I don't know what'll come of it, but I trust you because I know you are good. And with our identity placed in Christ and His finished work at Calvary, I can move forward and risk, because nothing is beyond His control and grasp...especially us. So we can fail! Fail and be loved! Fail and grow! And fail less because of it...something we call...growth!
Oh, and that is just speaking of the hard parts...the easy part is letting people see who God has created you to be. Letting Christ reflect His glory through your life in such a way that it impacts others for their good.
I Love You